If this is your first time here, welcome! If you come here on a regular basis, thanks and I love you. I have really come to love blogging - as an outlet for the craziness that is our day-to-day, for reflecting on and expressing gratitude for the many blessings in our lives, and for just having fun. You'll find a lot of stories about my boys, past adventures, funny and not-so-funny outings, my love of coffee and hopefully, more than anything, my thankfulness for what we've been given.
a little picture of daily livin' around here
I thought that since, for some, this is quick "get to know you", I'd take inspiration from the literary giants over at US Weekly. Don't judge me, I do hair, it's pretty much my job to read it. Each week they pick a celeb to share 25 little known facts about themselves, so I'll just take the liberty of making that me for the day.
1. I want to devote myself to learning how to bake really good bread, but I fear what it will do to my backside.
2. I love all things Bravo.
3. If I could buy all my clothes from one store, it would be Anthropologie. I get pretty much all my clothes from Target.
4. Know it alls irk me.
5. I am a total know it all.
6. I eat chocolate every single day and don't really see a need not to.
7. I have been within arm's reach of Steven Spielberg, Punky Brewster, Michael Jackson, Rue McClanahan, Alec Baldwin and PW. But not all at the same time. (That would be an interesting party, though.)
8. I care way too much about Brad and Emily.
9. I never spend more than $8.99 on a bottle of wine (usually less) and I think I drink some pretty good wine.
10. I became Catholic 6 years ago and I really, really love it.
11. I often dream it's finals week and I realize that I never dropped Calculus and now I have to ace the final to pass the class. It's been over ten years since college - will it ever end?
12. Pretty sure I could live off of sushi.
13. I've lost 13 pounds this year!
14. We aren't done with babies. Just not sure when the next one will be.
15. I try to look for the positive in every situation, but I don't always succeed.
16. One of my all time favorite books is The Secret Garden.
17. I just signed up for Hulu Plus and I think that might be the epitome of time suckage.
18. If it weren't for family and cost of living, I think we'd live in NYC or San Diego.
19. By 6pm on any given day, I look like a pretty strong candidate for What Not to Wear.
20. I have found the perfect chocolate cake recipe and use it way too often.
21. I don't think I could live without my cast iron skillet.
22. I want to write a book someday.
23. I'm not sure I could beat my 4 year old at tic tac toe even if I tried.
24. I am an aspiring photographer, painter, gardener and interior decorator. You wouldn't know this by anything I've actually produced. (see #17)
25. I love, love, love my family. (Okay, so that's pretty well known, but had to slip it in.)
Thanks again for stopping by! Check out my "about me" for some of my favorite posts and to catch up on more of who we are. Hope you enjoy!
Peace to all of you!